Thursday, January 13, 2011

Zodiac signs!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110113/us_yblog_thelookout/earths-wobble-means-your-zodiac-sign-may-be-wrong

This is a blog that was inspired from conversations on Facebook about zodiac signs. This article states that because of the earth's wobble, zodiac signs are off and you may have a different zodiac sign. I have heard that some say that this starts to apply only after a certain year, so it is possible that this might not even apply to us. However, even with what this article says, I have been a Gemini for 17 years and I plan to still call myself one. I have noticed over the years, that there are some people who truly do fit their zodiac signs, myself included. There are those who say that zodiac signs are pointless and don't really tell us anything about ourselves, but I think Zodiac signs have different purposes now then when they were first started. Today people can receive what will happen to them that day because of their zodiac sign. Now I don't think those things are 100% accurate because they make them quite vague. However there are occassional times where it is fun to go and see what it says about what will happen. I think zodiac signs have transformed more into a fun thing for people like fortune readings and not a scientific thing based off what constellation was in the sky when you were born. So I would like to hear what you all think about zodiac signs. Do they apply to your life? Do you think they are a bunch of nonsense? Would you be mad if you found out this wobble changed your zodiac sign and you are now something else?
P.S. I have nothing against those who are Taurus, but I will not be changing my zodiac sign to that anytime soon!

4 comments:

  1. I thought it only applied to people born this year and after. I like being a Taurus, but I am not planning on changing my personality anytime soon if I'm not a Taurus anymore. Who's taking Astronomy? We have to talk to them.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was another article I saw about it and that stated that 2009 and after it changes, but I still think its wierd that people born the same time as me won't be gemini's anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is Pisces and thankfully it did not switch. On the next Earth "shift" I will probably change, but for now I feel safe. I would be very angry if mine were to choose because I honestly have no idea what it would switch to and I do not spend enough time studying zodiacs that I would even bother looking. Zodiacs are cool because I love how in movies someone will ask a attractive person what their "sign" is, it always makes me laugh because its a horrible conversacion starter. NO idea whether it applies to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark made a good point above. As for the questions Rachel has asked, I have no idea if my zodiac sign has changed. I never bothered to look. I may eventually, but I will always consider myself a Libra. It fits my personality quite well, but if my sign has changed, I will have to look into what this sign claims I should be like. I will not necessarily be angry if mine has changed, I will just continue calling myself a Libra since I have been a Libra for 18 years. Zodiacs are quite entertaining with the horoscopes for the day or month. They may not always be true, but they are still fun to read about. I guess I could say this applies a bit to my life, but I will not lose sleep over anything that shall happen with my sign. Interesting topic for a blog, Rachel. I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete