Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dreams

As I was watching American Idol on thursday it occured to me that many of the contestants this year that made it through to the Hollywood week and then to the top 24 were under the age of 18. I then imagined myself being on stage and in front of all those people, which of course is not something that I would particularly like, but even without liking being on stage I can not imagine being that young and doing what you want the most, to perform to the entire country. It must be an exhilarating experience to go and sing in front of millions of people and in front of well known artists like Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler. I think that it is wonderful that they get to fulfill their dream at a young age, because many people don't even get that ability. My dream job isnt something like singing, but I definately have dreams that are large and could potentially never happen. For instance I want to travel to a lot of Europe and see many countries, and even though I have started and been to France and Spain this past summer, I don't know if I will be able to see all the countries I want to. I think its important for people to have dreams, because even if they all don't come true, its something to live and strive for, its a goal that could be obtainable, and having a goal and ambition is important.

So what are your dreams? If you could do anything what would it be?

2 comments:

  1. I don't have one specific dream, but that new movie where the guy takes a pill and can use 100% of his brain capacity seems pretty cool. He is smarter and quicker then everyone, but still seems like he enjoys life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, I did not even know what I wanted when I was 18, other than not at home anymore. I wonder what it means that so many of this year's contestants are so young--I seem to remember in the early years that many of the contestants had been working on getting famous for a long time, and even had some fame in their hometowns already. Do you think the quality of contestants has remained stable over the years?

    ReplyDelete